Welcome and Important Information
Thank you for registering for this course.
I hope that you find it helpful and useful.
The videos, articles, information and comments in this self-guided online course provide general information only and do not constitute advice in any way.
It is important to me that the information provided in this course is thoughtful, practical and well-researched, but it is just a guide. All children and families are unique. What is best for you and your child will depend on your personal history and circumstances. If you require more support, information or guidance in relation to a particular issue, please speak with a medical practitioner or counsellor who will be able to take the time to understand your unique circumstances and advise you on the most effective course of action.
There are videos in every section, so please ensure that you have reliable internet service for the best viewing experience.
To find out more about me please visit www.drkateowen.com and sign up to my free monthly newsletter for more resources, videos and latest news.
If you live in Australia:
- Lifeline Telephone Counselling 24/7 call 13 11 14.
- Kids Helpline (24-hour phone support for kids and teens) 1800 55 1800
- Beyond Blue Support Services call 1300 22 4636.
- Youth Beyond Blue
- Head to Health government portal for online mental health resources.
- Raising Children website to access State specific telephone contact numbers for parent support.
- Headspace (Mental health support and information for 12-25 year olds and their families).
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467.
- NQ Connect is a free phone and online counselling service for those living in North Queensland.
- Mindspot is Australia's free national online mental health clinic, call 1800 61 44 34.
- You may be eligible for a Mental Health Care Plan to access up to 10 sessions of counselling.
If you live in the US:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (For immediate support)
- Crisis Chat (For immediate support)
- Crisis Text Line (Text 741741 from anywhere in USA for free, 24/7 support from a trained Crisis Counselor)
- Imalive (For immediate support)
- You Matter (Information and support for young adults on various mental health issues)
- Stop Bullying (Information and support for bullying)
- SAMHSA (24-hour national phone hotline – information and treatment referral for substance use or mental health issues)
If you live in the UK:
- Samaritans (For immediate support)
- Depression UK (Support and helplines for various mental health issues)
- YoungMinds (Information and support for young people, and parent helpline)
- ChildLine (Immediate phone support and information for kids and teens)
International suicide hotline:
- Befrienders (Enter your country to find an emotional support helpline)