Resources and Links
Stay connected with free resources via my monthly newsletter. Subscribe for free on my website.
Keep Calm Cards
The Keep Calm Cards used throughout the course can be found here.
Resources and Support
- Speak with your school Guidance Officer or Well-Being team.
- See your local GP to discuss the eligibility criteria to access a Mental Health Care Plan for your child.
- You can always access counselling and mental health services and pay privately without government assistance.
- You can do an internet search and explore free services by non-government agencies in your local area.
- If you have Private Health with Extras cover consider utilising your Extras cover if it includes Psychological Services.
If you live in Australia:
- Lifeline Telephone Counselling 24/7 call 13 11 14.
- Kids Helpline (24-hour phone support for kids and teens) 1800 55 1800
- Beyond Blue Support Services call 1300 22 4636.
- Youth Beyond Blue
- Head to Health government portal for online mental health resources.
- Raising Children website to access State specific telephone contact numbers for parent support.
- Headspace (Mental health support and information for 12-25 year olds and their families).
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467.
- NQ Connect is a free phone and online counselling service for those living in North Queensland.
- Mindspot is Australia's free national online mental health clinic, call 1800 61 44 34.
- You may be eligible for a Mental Health Care Plan to access up to 10 sessions of counselling.
Parentline Telephone Counselling:
1300 30 1300 (cost of a local call)
8am to 10pm, seven days a week
13 22 89 (cost of a local call)
Open 8am to midnight 7 days a week
1300 364 100 (cost of a local call)
24 hours a day, seven days a week
1300 1300 52 (cost of a local call)
9am to 9pm Monday - Friday
4pm to 9pm Saturday and Sunday
(08) 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 (free for STD callers)
8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
(02) 6287 3833 (cost of a local call)
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
1300 808 178 (cost of a local call)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Support If you live in the US:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (For immediate support)
- Crisis Chat (For immediate support)
- Crisis Text Line (Text 741741 from anywhere in USA for free, 24/7 support from a trained Crisis Counselor)
- Imalive (For immediate support)
- You Matter (Information and support for young adults on various mental health issues)
- Stop Bullying (Information and support for bullying)
- SAMHSA (24-hour national phone hotline – information and treatment referral for substance use or mental health issues)
Support If you live in the UK:
- Samaritans (For immediate support)
- Depression UK (Support and helplines for various mental health issues)
- YoungMinds (Information and support for young people, and parent helpline)
- ChildLine (Immediate phone support and information for kids and teens)
International suicide hotline:
- Befrienders (Enter your country to find an emotional support helpline)