When Is Anxiety A Problem?

Seeking Professional Support

  1. Speak with your school Guidance Officer or Well-Being team.
  2. See your local GP to discuss the eligibility criteria to access a Mental Health Care Plan for your child.
  3. You can always access counselling and mental health services and pay privately without government assistance.
  4. You can do an internet search and explore free services by non-government agencies in your local area.
  5. If you have Private Health with Extras cover consider utilising your Extras cover if it includes Psychological Services.
  6. Go to the Resources section of this course to access online resources and services. This section is free to preview.

Kids Helpline

If your child is not coping and needs to talk with a trained counsellor, please allow them to call Kids Helpline for immediate support.

1800 55 1800


Free Telephone counselling 7 days a week.

There is a different Parentline service in each State or Territory:

Parentline Queensland and the Northern Territory

1300 30 1300 (cost of a local call)

8am to 10pm, seven days a week


Parentline Victoria

13 22 89 (cost of a local call)

Open 8am to midnight 7 days a week


Parent Helpline South Australia

1300 364 100 (cost of a local call)

24 hours a day, seven days a week


Parent Line NSW

1300 1300 52 (cost of a local call)

9am to 9pm Monday - Friday

4pm to 9pm Saturday and Sunday


Ngala Parenting Line WA

(08) 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 (free for STD callers)

8am to 8pm, 7 days a week


Parentline ACT

(02) 6287 3833 (cost of a local call)

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday


Parent Line Tasmania

1300 808 178 (cost of a local call)

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Complete and Continue