When Is Anxiety A Problem?
Seeking Professional Support
- Speak with your school Guidance Officer or Well-Being team.
- See your local GP to discuss the eligibility criteria to access a Mental Health Care Plan for your child.
- You can always access counselling and mental health services and pay privately without government assistance.
- You can do an internet search and explore free services by non-government agencies in your local area.
- If you have Private Health with Extras cover consider utilising your Extras cover if it includes Psychological Services.
- Go to the Resources section of this course to access online resources and services. This section is free to preview.
If your child is not coping and needs to talk with a trained counsellor, please allow them to call Kids Helpline for immediate support.
1800 55 1800
Free Telephone counselling 7 days a week.
There is a different Parentline service in each State or Territory:
1300 30 1300 (cost of a local call)
8am to 10pm, seven days a week
13 22 89 (cost of a local call)
Open 8am to midnight 7 days a week
1300 364 100 (cost of a local call)
24 hours a day, seven days a week
1300 1300 52 (cost of a local call)
9am to 9pm Monday - Friday
4pm to 9pm Saturday and Sunday
(08) 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 (free for STD callers)
8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
(02) 6287 3833 (cost of a local call)
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
1300 808 178 (cost of a local call)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week